Dec 23, 2008

happy festivus.

So it's Christmahanukwanzakah once again. As the daughter of immigrants I was raised to celebrate only Festivus, and resultingly the only present I received was a Facebook bumper sticker with the Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus that said "Abstinence doesn't work." It rained all day in California, which is why I spent the whole day inside listening to Sufjan Stevens' excellent That Was The Worst Christmas Ever! and online shopping all the post-Christmas sales as well as reading a NYTimes article about the recession that had me making a beeline for the egg nog. Anyway, instead of doing one of those boring top ten songs of 2008 countdowns I decided to share some of my favorite winter-related songs of all time. I am clearly obsessed with snow since there is (un?)fortunately none over here.


a festivus for the rest of us.

Happy Festivus and expect a more intellectual post in the new year!


No comments: